Do NOT use this company.If a home seller is offering this company, tell the seller NO and to please select one of their competitors.

Our built-microwave went out and we were told it was worth $359 - $50 deductible for full replacement. They said a check would arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I called asking about the check and they said more information was needed concerning payment for installation. I explained that I was already approved for installing it myself as it was very straight forward.

The next day, they called me and said since I bought a microwave that cost right at $309 that they would have to adjust my payment by deducting another $50. I don't care about $50, but I do care about how they do business. I do care about how they present themselves and that they are willing to be knowingly crooked in business dealings.

The adjusted check (deductible removed twice from original plan) I'm told will arrive after 10 business days.Customer service rating: Zero Will use again?: Not a chance Recommend to others?: Nope

Review about: Americas Preferred Home Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim.

I liked: That the home seller paid the premium.

I didn't like: How they knowingly subtracted the deductible twice.

Had an Experience with Americas Preferred Home Warranty?

Comments

dgparham
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States #1317485
Americas Preferred Home Warranty Verified Representative

Hi Steven,

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry about this situation.

America’s Preferred Home Warranty strives to do the right thing.

Thanks for sending the receipt, I’m glad we were able to get you reimbursed.

Please understand that we stand ready to help you with any future claims.

Best regards, David Parham America’s Preferred Home Warranty CustomerCare@aphw.com | aphw.com